DUSSELDORF, GERMANY, Monday, February 29, 2016 —
Kodak today announced a series of new products to be featured on its stand (Hall 5, Stand F09) at drupa 2016. With a broad range of new developments and enhancements, Kodak continues to drive the evolution of the graphic arts industry.
Building upon its record of introducing important technology innovations at drupa, Kodak will this year announce a new process free plate. With demand for its process free KODAK SONORA Plates growing to over 3000 customers, Kodak’s latest addition to the SONORA Plate portfolio is designed to meet the rigorous demands of UV print applications.
At drupa 2016, Kodak will also showcase:
- KODAK AQUA-IMAGE Pressroom Chemicals range to help printers reduce variability and improve performance in the pressroom.
- KODAK ELECTRA MAX Thermal Plates and KODAK LIBRA VP Digital Plates for commercial and newspaper printers.
Debuting at drupa 2016 will be the new KODAK FLEXCEL NX System ’16, which builds on Kodak’s award-winning NX Advantage technology. Brand new system features include NX tags for the application of multiple patterns on a single plate layout, and Advanced Edge Definition, a Kodak patented technology that controls ink flow at the edge of objects, resulting in cleaner print and greater visual edge definition.
- Kodak’s stand at drupa 2016 will feature a KODAK ULTRA NX Experience room to showcase environmentally-conscious plate technology
Kodak will also launch its next generation inkjet technology platform, KODAK ULTRASTREAM Inkjet Technology. Built on the company’s continuous inkjet Stream technology, ULTRASTREAM will move production inkjet into the mainstream of commercial printing and packaging. On display on the Kodak stand, visitors will also see:
- Live demonstrations of the KODAK PROSPER 6000C Press with inline finishing
- Kodak’s Extended Gamut + Varnish (XGV) technology demonstration for flexible films produced on narrow-web
- This is Inkjet! Loft, an apartment decorated with Kodak Stream digitally printed products including laminate flooring, countertops, furniture, wallpaper, napkins and water bottles
Additionally, Kodak will be presenting:
- The new KODAK NEXPRESS ZX3900 Digital Production Color Press, an enhanced version of the KODAK NEXPRESS SX Platform
- KODAK NEXPRESS White Dry Ink for NEXPRESS devices for the Fifth Imaging Unit
- The new Multi-Cassette Unit, Single Cassette Unit and In-Line Punch System for the KODAK TRENDSETTER and KODAK ACHIEVE Platesetters to deliver better functionality and performance to drive efficiency, but with a compact footprint
“Kodak is at the forefront of the print, packaging and publishing industries,” said Kodak CEO Jeff Clarke. “Our products deliver what printers want today and need tomorrow with new technologies and enhancements to help printers strengthen their businesses and streamline their printing processes. drupa provides a global platform to share our expertise with industry leaders and printers, and we look forward to meeting many of them at this year’s show.”
Kodak is a technology company focused on imaging. We provide – directly and through partnerships with other innovative companies – hardware, software, consumables and services to customers in graphic arts, commercial print, publishing, packaging, electronic displays, entertainment and commercial films, and consumer products markets. With our world-class R&D capabilities, innovative solutions portfolio and highly trusted brand, Kodak is helping customers around the globe to sustainably grow their own businesses and enjoy their lives. For additional information on Kodak, visit us at kodak.com, follow us on Twitter @Kodak, or like us on Facebook at KodakNow.